This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
I love games that you can just sit back and enjoy without putting too much thought into. Or if you wanted to put a lot of effort can advance the plot. Slime Rancher has been available on early access through Steam since January 2016, but fully released on August 1st, 2017. And was developed by Monomi Park in Unity platform. In the story you play as Beatrix LeBeau, a rancher who sets out for a life a thousand light years away from Earth where she tries her hand at making a living wrangling slimes. But how do you achieve the fortune and avoid chaos from the various slimes? Here are a few tips to help you out!
- Keep your slimes well feed, they will smile if they are good and frowning or have a bloody nose if they are starving.
- Gold Slimes cannot be captured and fruit can result in one of their plorts that are worth a lot.
- Tar slimes are created when a largo (anmaigam of two different slimes) each a plort of a completely different slime. Example, pink/kitty logo each a rock plort then they will become a tar that destroys everything.
- Keep slimes separated in the pens.
- Water is the bane of tar.
- Some slimes require special corals so save up your money for it in order to get those upgrades prior to gathering the slimes.
- Make a coop early on and get two roosters and a mix of hens.
- Largos produce two plorts per food consumed, but they will also fight over the food and get in each other’s way of eating. The best combination of largos in one pen is 3-4 to avoid stravation.
- High walls and roofs will keep tars out of the pens if they manage to get onto your farm or if a largo eats a plort of another slime type.
- You can’t swim. You will wake up back at the ranch and lose all items you had.
- Grassy section of the ranch is perfect for farming and coops, plus it keeps the food away from wandering slimes.
- Don’t worry about plort prices right away. The prices do go up and down, but once you build up resources and upgrade the ranch a bit then you can work on the trade market.
- Keep a variety of slimes and cross-breed to create cute creations. Just remember Largos have issues with food, so keep the number of slimes in each pen you keep to a minimal.
Do you have any tips for beginners we missed? Let us know in the comments section.