This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
We all have things we’re allergic to. Some people are allergic to specific foods or can’t handle certain things (nuts, gluten, lactose, etc.) and then there are those that are allergic to other things (pollen, dust, animals, etc.). I fall into the last group. I’m allergic to bees. Not to a deadly degree, but if I do get stung by them or wasps or get any other kind of bug bite my skin balloons ridiculously. Add on the fact I’m allergic to the medicine commonly given to deal with that swelling, it’s a fun combination. Since Spring is returning, that means bees are going to be coming back. So, I thought it would be fun to body paint them this week.
- Mehron Makeup Paradise Paint in Mango
- Madeyewlook Body Paint in Sunflower and Ink
- NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner
- NYX Professional Makeup Escape Artist Shadow Palette
- NYX Professional Makeup Modern Dreamer Shadow Palette
- NYX Professional Makeup White Liquid Liner
- NYX Professional Makeup Shine Loud in Global Citizen
- Azeredo Cosmetics False Lashes in Hollywood
- Black Moon Cosmetics Moonlighter in Centipede
- ColourPop Cosmetics x Raw Beauty Kristi Creme Gel Liner in Marigold
- ColourPop Cosmetics Creme Gel Liner in Juniper
- Essence Volume Stylist Curl & Hold Mascara
Not only did I do the body paint, but I ended up painting the subject as well on a canvas. This was done using mainly acrylic paint, but also permanent markers for some of the finer details in the bees. The original piece and prints of it are available for purchase. The original piece I’m only offering once as I will not be remaking this painting onto another canvas. It would look different and I think that would defeat the purpose. They are available on my shop page, or I put a link to each below.
I plan on making other pieces in the future to sell. I’m not quite sure what I’m going to end up making, but I plan on doing a variety of subjects.
If you want to see how I created this piece, I did live stream the process over on Twitch.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!
Love this . The bees look amazing 🐝