This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
One game that I’m obsessed with playing is Stardew Valley. It’s one of those games were you can advance the game if you want to or ignore all the social aspects. And I go back and forth between trying to advance my standings with the community and being the hermit farmer that talks to no one. But one thing I always try to do, is get myself either a lovely wife or husband. So let’s go over each of the eligible bachelors and bachelorettes.
Marriage is Stardew Valley is only possible when you each 10 hearts with any of the 12 eligible bachelors or bachelorettes. But that can only be unlocked using a special bouquet that becomes available when you reach 8 hearts. And you can purchase this at Pierre’s General Store. And you can do this with multiple NPCs as long as you aren’t married to one of them already. Then once you decide which one you want to marry, you must propose with a Mermaid’s pendant. This can be obtained from the Old Mariner on the beach for 5,000 gold, upgrading your farmhouse once, and be in range to marry someone. And he only appears on rainy days. After you propose the wedding will occur three days later unless there is already an event planned that day.
Your spouse will live with you at your farmhouse. When married they now have 12 hearts and you cannot give bouquets to other NPCs as they will question you. The 2 gift limit a week is lifted but the daily limit of 1 is still applied. Their hearts can go down but as long as you keep them happy they will do chores around the farm such as: making breakfast, feeding animals, repairing fences, and watering plants. They will also occassionally change wallpaper and flooring around the farmhouse. If there is no dialogue available, then you will merely embrace. Children can be born after the farmhouse is upgraded a second time. Same sex couples will adopt while opposite sex will give birth. And you can have up to 2 children that never get older than a toddler which is the 4 life stage for them. Gender of your children is also random.
- Alex – He is in love with sports and hanging out at the beach. He can be quite arrogant and brags to everyone that he’s going to be a professional athlete. But underneath that arrognance is a guy filled with self-doubt. The best gifts to give him are: complete breakfast and salmon dinner.
- Elliott – He lives in the cabin on the beach. He’s a writer and quite a sentimental romantic. The best gifts to give him are: Crab Cakes, Duck Feather, Lobster, Pomegranate, and Tom Kha Soup.
- Harvey – The town doctor that works all the time. He is kind hearted and well respected in the community. He is one of the older bachelors in the game. He also lives in the apartment above the medical clinic. There is also a sadness about him. The best gifts to give him are: coffee, pickles, super meal, truffle oil, and wine.
- Sam – He is outgoing and friendly guy. He loves to play guitar and wants to start a band some day with Sebastian. But he oftens starts projects, he never finishes. And he is nervous about the return of his father who has been away for quite some time. The best gifts to give him are: cactus juice, maple bar, pizza, and tigerseye.
- Sebastian – The rebellious loner that also is a computer programmer. He is the older half-brother of Maru, and feels she gets all the attention and adoration. He loves computer games, comic books, and sci-fi novels. Often spending a lot of time in his room pursuing these hobbies. The best gifts to give him are: frozen tear, obsidian, pumpkin soup, sashimi, and void egg.
- Shane – Added as a bachelor in 1.1. He is renting a room from Marnie. He can come off as rude and unhappy working at JojaMart. He drinks a lot and suffers from depression. But once you get to know him, he will send you recipes. The best gifts to give him are: beer, hot pepper, pepper poppers, and pizza.
- Abigail – She lives in the general store with her parents and has an “alternative lifestyle.” She dyes her hair blue and enjoys a bit of occult interests. You can also find her alone in the graveyard or looking for frogs. Her favorite gifts are the following: amethyst, blackberry cobbler, chocolate cake, pufferfish, pumpkin, and spicy eel.
- Haley – She grew up wealthy and popular, so she’s a little conceited and self-centered. She also judges people for superfacial reasons. Her favorite gifts are the following: coconut, fruit salad, pink cake, and sunflower.
- Leah – She lives alone in a small cabin just outside of town. She loves spending time outside, foraging for a wild meal, and enjoying the gifts of the season. She is a talented artist but is too nervous to display any of it. Her favorite gifts are the following: goat cheese, poppyseed muffin, salad, stir fry, truffle, vegetable medley, and wine.
- Maru – She is the daughter of a carpenter and scientist, and half-sister of Sebastian. She has a passion for creating gadgets, fiddling with tools and machinery, and working odd jobs like helping at the local clinic. She is friendly, outgoing, and ambitious. Her favorite gifts are the following: battery pack, cauliflower, cheese cauliflower, diamond, gold bar, iridium bar, miner’s treat, pepper poppers, rhubarb pie, and strawberry.
- Penny – Daughter of Pam. She is quite sly and modest, and doesn’t have any ambitions other than having a family of her own. She does enjoy cooking and reading books at the library. She also teaches the local children at the museum, as well as accompanying them to the playground. Her favorite gifts are the following: diamond, emerald, melon, poppy, poppyseed muffin, red plate, roots platter, sandfish, and tom kha soup.
- Emily – Added to the list of eligible bacherolettes in 1.1. She works at the Stardrop Saloon with Gus. But she loves tailoring and makes her clothes from scratch. Her favorite gifts are the following: amethyst, aquamarine, cloth, emerald, jade, ruby, survival burger, topaz, and wool.
Who would you romance in Stardew Valley?