This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
I’m a week out from moving. The Harry Potter closet room is bare of all the decorations, leaving behind just the basics. I’m a strange mixture of excited and nervous at the moment. Excited to get out of this tiny box with no room to move that I’ve been in for a year and a half. And nervous that everything is going to go wrong next week. We’ll find out when the move actually happens. So I thought since I can’t really film or do much with everything packed away, I would just share some of the things I’m looking forward to the most about this move.
- Having more than a 1 foot x 1 foot space to get dressed in the morning.
- Actually having my stuff back. Though, I can’t remember what’s in my storage unit anymore. I have a feeling a lot of it is stuff I’m going to get rid of though since my emotional attachment has been severed. And I didn’t get a chance to go through things the last time around.
- Exploring the new area and coming up with a new routine. I typically hate change or breaking a routine, but weirdly enough that’s something I’m looking forward to with the move.
- Not having to share a bathroom. I love my family but sharing one bathroom with my mom and sister got real old. Especially when my sister and I get up at the same time in the morning. She hogs the bathroom so I don’t even get to use it before I leave for work. I have been using the kitchen sink… it was really starting to get on my nerves.
- Not having to battle for TV. In my family’s house there is one TV if you don’t count the one in my sister’s room. So I never got to have the TV. Granted I don’t really watch live TV anymore, but I haven’t had the option either. So I’m looking forward to just enjoying whatever I want and not having someone else’s in the background causing a noise conflict.
- Peace and quiet. Love my sister, I do, but sometimes… I’m just looking forward to not having her come into my room unannounced or opening the door without knocking all the time. And that went well into after I attempted to go to bed, so peace and quiet is something I’m super excited for.
Basically I just get along better with my sister if I don’t live with her. I learned that many years ago, when she went off to college. So I’m looking forward to going back to living separately. I won’t be getting as frustrated or angry at her all of the time. And when we hang out we have more to talk about since we don’t live together. When we do, we literally have nothing to say to each other than getting into arguments. So space is a good thing in our relationship. I’m going to miss her and my mom and their dog, Winnie. But it’s not like I’m never going to see them again.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!