This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
Hello everyone! I haven’t done one of these in a while, but it seemed like a lot of fun. I was tagged by Ellie from Read to Ramble in the Mystery Blogger Award, which is a book tag created by Okoto Enigma to find and promote bloggers who “haven’t been discovered yet”. Since I’m adding more book content onto my blog lately, mixed in with everything else I loved the idea of it.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Answer the questions by the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I am allergic to any type of insect bite or sting. So, I usually try to avoid them to the best of my ability since the treatment is usually penicillin which I’m also allergic to.
- While I love video games, I am not a fan of any first person shooter/war games and can’t stand playing horror games myself though I can easily watch someone else play them.
- My favorite type of weather is thunderstorms or rain, though my dog absolutely disagrees with me on that.
Questions for Me from Ellie
- Do you have a drink with you while you are reading and if so, what is your favourite beverage? If I do have a drink while I’m reading, I never touch it as I completely forget about it. So, I don’t really have any for this category.
- Are you a morning read or a night read person? Or do you just read all day? I am a night read person as generally I’m working during the day, but on the weekends if I’m into a book, I’m reading all day long.
- Are you a mood reader or do you always follow a set TBR? I am a mood reader. Whatever I’m interested in that day is usually what I’ll end up reading.
- What is your favourite colour on a book cover and give an example of a cover you love with this colour! I don’t actually have a specific favorite color for a book cover. Though I do quite enjoy black and white drawings like on The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Though really it’s any series that all of the books fit together to make an image, and I love those.
- Do you have a favourite female villain? Who is she? While she’s not the “villain” of the book, I have to go with Umbridge. She’s hated for a reason which is why she’s always the first one I think of for a female villain.
- Sarah from Thoughts of the Reader
- Cielo from Belle Rose Reads
- Kevin and Brooke from Quill Quotes
- Jenna from J.K. I’m Exploring
- Lu from Lu Review Books
- Sarah from Sarah’s Book Life
- Gabby from The Great Athenaeum
- Arina from The Paperback Voyageur
- Shania from The Shania Edit
Questions for My Nominees
- Who is your least favorite character from a book that you’ve read and why?
- What’s a book that surprised you the most?
- What genre of books do you generally avoid and why?
- Is there a book that was released independently that you wished would be a series?
- What’s a book you loved that generally gets negative reviews?
Lastly, a post of mine that I did in the past that I’m super proud of would either by Difference Between Pressed Pigment and Eyeshadow as I spent a good amount of time researching that one. Or would of my Disney makeup look book ones as I spent a lot of time doing those: Disney Inspired Arm Art Look Book and Disney Inspired Makeup Looks. As for book posts I would have to say the series I did comparing the Mortal Instruments books to the TV Show (Shadowhunters) to the movie. I spent a lot of time comparing details in those.
That’s all for now, I hope you enjoyed this little book tag as much as I did.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for the tag! I totally get the first-person video games. I really don’t like them, for some reason they just don’t click. I wonder if it’s because I grew up on the Harry Potter and gameboy games which are mainly 3rd person.
That’s what I’ve been wondering to. Adventure and RGP games are totally fine (I just avoid that POV if it’s an option), but first-person I just can’t handle especially shooters as I just never can get into the plot if there is one.
Thanks for tagging me! I loved to read all your answers 💕🥰
Of course! And thank you!
Whats better than a nice loud thunderstorm!
Right? My dog just doesn’t understand it… she freaks out at thunder.
Thanks for tagging me! Great questions! I’ll have to think on them.
Of course! Can’t wait to hear your answers.
Great post and thanks for the tag! I loved reading your answers and I’m looking forward to answering your questions too!
No problem, can’t wait to read your answers!
Thank you for the tag Mae! Loved reading your answers and looking forward to answering your questions!
Umbridge is a character I always think of when asked about villains too.
There’s just something so unredeemable about her. Voldemort had his thing, but Umbridge was just another level.
Aww, thanks so much for the nomination, Mae! I can’t wait to make this post! I’m in love with thunderstorm weather too, good thing I have a cat who could not care less about whatever’s going on outside lol. I loved this post!
You’re welcome! I wish my dog would care less about what’s going on outside; would let me enjoy storms so much more.
I’m a mood reader too! And Umbridge for sure is a Villain. She had kids write lines in their own blood! But Lou’s Mum from Serpant and Dove could also use a slap!
I haven’t read Serpent and Dove yet, but it’s on my TBR.
What a coincidence! I’m allergic to insect bites and penicillin too! Loved your answers and your questions! I’m so glad you did this post! 🙂
Thank you so much for the nomination! I really enjoyed reading your answers💖
You’re welcome and I’m glad you enjoyed!
Congratulation on your award nomination. Have a great evening.
Thank you! Have a great evening yourself!
I always forget about drinks when I’m reading too, every time my tea will go cold!
Sometimes I even forget I’m reading, I’m just so absorbed in the story. Which is probably why I forget to drink whatever I have.