The major thing that I’ve done this week is play the latest expansion pack of The Sims 4, so I’m just going to go into the latest pack and all of it’s details since I’ve been playing it since it was released on Friday. And I don’t have anything else I really wanted to go over in this week’s Pop Culture Download.
The Sims 4: Discover University
The Sims 4 recently came out with their newest expansion pack called Discover University. I have wanted university for the longest time in the game as it’s always been one of my favorite things in Sims. So, I was extremely excited to see how they would handle this in Sims 4. They handle this in a way of adding it to the career tab of the UI and you can send sims once they become young adults. Before sending them to university you can apply to numerous scholarships and pick one of two universities: University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute.
Each one has their own distinguished degrees and focuses. Britechester focuses on the arts while Foxbury focuses on science and technology. You can do both programs at either institute though they don’t have the same distinguished degrees which come with bonuses upon graduation. To earn a degree, you need a total of 12 credits and can take a maximum of 4 classes at time (which is a struggle for need and time management).
The scholarships that can be earned are the following:
- Location Based: Scholarships given out to residents of neighborhoods, no way to increase odds of being awarded this.
- Education for All: Scholarship for those that live in a property with less than $25K and $2.5K of funds on hand.
- Helping Hand ($250): Scholarship for those that live in a property with between $80K-$100K and $10 – 15K of funds on hand.
- Merit-Based ($500): Sims accepted for Distinguished degrees that is given for good grades after the first semester.
- Super Scout ($175): Be at least level 2 in scouts for a chance to get this scholarship.
- Workplace Scholar ($300): Be level 3 in a career to be eligible to apply.
- Alley Cat ($400) – Sims are eligible at level 2 with odds improving at level 3 and level 5 with that level giving you a 90% chance of success.
- Athletics ($450) – Unlocks at Level 3 of fitness. improves at 5 and 9.
- Building the Future ($400) – Unlocks at Level 3 of Handiness or Rocket Science, improves with each at level 5 and level 9.
- E-Sports ($450) – Unlocks at level 3 of the Video Gaming skill, improves at level 5 and 9.
- Food and Drink ($200) – Unlocks at level 3 of Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Baking, or Mixology, improves at level 5 and 9
- Friend of the Animals ($400) – Have Dog Training at level 2, improves at 3 and 5. Or have Veterinarian at level 3, improves at level 5 and 9.
- Future Star ($200) – Unlocking Level 3 in any of the skills (Guitar, Piano, Violin, DJ Mixing, Singing, Pipe Organ, Acting, or be in the Drama Club (at rank 2+)) here will make you eligible, and like the others they are boosted at levels 5 and 9.
- The Great Outdoors ($200) – Unlocks at level 3 Fishing, Gardening, Herbalism, or Flower Arranging skills, improves at 5 and 9 like the others above.
If you manage to get enough to pay off tuition, you get 24 hour bonus of +2 Happy “Full Ride” moodlet.
A term is 5 days with classes occurring from Monday to Friday, and you’ll have to complete homework daily as well as term papers and presentations. Often your sims are broke, starving, and exhausted. If you manage to have time to do other things your time can join various organizations depending on which university you go to. At Britechester there is Art Society, Debate Guild, and UBrite Spirit Corps. At Foxbury there is Bot Savants, Foxbury Spirit Squad, and The Brainiacs. As well there is the Secret Society called The Order of Enchantment which you can only join by invitation after offering excellent quality baked goods at the university statues. At night they will then be invited to join the ranks. There is also the option to join a sports team: Soccer or e-Sports (gaming), but you cannot hold a part time job at the same time as being on a team.
It’s a lot of fun and so far I have been really enjoying this expansion pack.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!