This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
The Sims 4 has been around now for around three years ago and I have been solely playing this version of Sims since it was released. And though I love this game playing it for both our YouTube channel and on my own there are definitely some things that I don’t like about the game.
- Expressions and Emotions. This is my favorite thing about the current version. You actually get more of a sense that they are a person as you can see their emotions effect them.
- Build/Buy. I love that there ware more options in build/buy from creating rooms to wall sizes. I find this customization so much nicer than in the previous versions of the sims.
- Create a Sim. I love create a sim in this version a lot and yes there are some cons about it but you have more options for customizing a sim’s physical appearance. All you have to do is click and drag instead of having to choose from a pre-selected types of features.
- Gallery. Though you don’t have the online community where you can easily get custom content, there is the gallery where you can get any house or sim created by other players without having to leave the game to get them. Which I really enjoy as you can share your creations with others easily.
- Multitasking. Your sim can complete multiple things at once within reason. So you can have them eat food while watching TV instead of doing them one after the other.
- Swatches. One thing I really loved from The Sims 3 was the option to customize literally everything from hair color to the pattern on clothing and furniture without being stuck into certain swatches. Whereas, The Sims 4 you are stuck to only the swatches given.
- Custom Content. Another thing about The Sims 4 is that custom content is on your own terms of finding it. The Sims 3 had a community where you could upload your own custom content that was easy to install into the game and didn’t break things. Whereas, in the current version you have to know where exactly to go and at any moment they could break the game. Or don’t work right with the graphics.