This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
I swore I was going to put down From Blood and Ash series for a while and read something else, but I haven’t. It’s all I’ve read this month a few times over. Including the first chapter that Jennifer L. Armentrout started on her website of The Crown of Gilded Bones, which doesn’t come out until April 20, 2021. Similiar to how I shared my thoughts and theories on what’s coming up for A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas, I thought I would do the same with this book.
If you have not read the series, I would recommend not reading this post as there may be spoilers for it since I’m discussing future things that might happen. All of this is of course theories, so it might not be true for what’s upcoming with the series but still.
The Crown of Gilded Bones was released to read my thoughts after reading it, check out this post.
Alright the basics on what I already know that’s coming based off TikToks that have been shared regarding the next installment:
- Casteel and Poppy are having a baby… either there’s a massive time jump that we haven’t seen in the series or something else happens that somehow bypasses the pregnancy period. Which I’m leaning more towards the latter as they are apparently going to go see the King of the Gods according to the synopsis of the book. Unless Jennifer shared something from the fourth book not the third. Either way there’s a baby coming for the two of them.
- Poppy is now the Queen of Atlantia with Casteel being the King (something he did not want previously). I have a feeling this will cause a lot of problems between the non-wolven and wolven, as the latter are now bonded to Poppy. And the Casteel’s father did not remove his crown, so he doesn’t particularly want to hand over his reign to Poppy. But it’s not like he has much of a choice, and I think Casteel being married to her will help a bit with the transition.
- The Queen and King have not told Casteel a lot regarding the history of Atlantia in particular to the deities other than there was a war that shifted the power over to the Elemental bloodline. So, we’re going to learn more about that.
That’s all we know. The other TikToks were mostly Poppy and Casteel banter, but gave no insight into the direction of the book. So, here are the theories.
Thoughts On Alastair
At first, he came across as an individual that just was looking out for his country and protecting Poppy in some regard. But I think he’s partially responsible for Poppy being stoned. His nephew lead her to the temple where it happened. Not to mention, he’s been trying to get his bloodline married into the Da’Neer’s for centuries first with his daughter than with his niece, Gianna. He’s also the only wolven (besides Beckett who is MIA) not to shift into their wolf form when Poppy was under attack. And I don’t think it’s because he was once bonded to a deity. Plus, he states as they enter the temple: “It’s not too late.” You don’t just say that unless you were trying to prevent everyone from knowing the truth regarding Poppy.
Okay this got mentioned one too many times for it not to happen in the third book. Not only that but in the first chapter, Poppy did not bat an eye over the fact that Kieran was naked. I think it’s going to happen for a few reasons:
- Bond Kieran back to Casteel, since Kieran is now bonded to Poppy. This would protect Kieran from attacking Casteel again even when he’s in that one state in response to Poppy’s deity blood.
- Make Poppy immortal to some degree, granted then their life is linked to the other. So, if either die, then both die.
And if they do the Joining, I have a feeling it will end up in a threesome because Kieran has been in one too many intimate moments between Poppy and Casteel. Like Casteel feeding from Poppy’s neck, walking in on Casteel eating out Poppy, and then the whole mountain scene where the three of them were tangled up together sleeping.
There’s going to be more and I think like Casteel promised Poppy, they are going to experiment with the other areas he can get blood from. Her thigh, her breast, her vagina… all the areas. Okay, maybe we won’t read about all the areas but I have a feeling quite a few of them might come up during the course of the third book.
Alright we already know she’s from the deity bloodline of Atlantia, but that’s it. And the Duchess stated that Poppy is the blooded granddaughter of the Blood Queen. Either that’s true, or there’s something else going on. Either way we’re going to learn more about it.
And most likely what the status of her brother, Ian, is in relations to her. I have a feeling he’s also part Atlantian and was not Ascended. Meaning he’s being used to keep Casteel’s brother, Malik, alive since he needs Atlantian blood to survive. I don’t know if they are going to get released in this next book, but I have a feeling that they will be mentioned more in depth. If I remember correctly this series is going to be five books, so the release of the brothers in the third book seems unlikely to me. Maybe in the fourth.
WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT BOOK OF THE SERIES?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!