If you’ve been following my blog for a while you’ll know I love collecting makeup. Certain brands in particular, one of those being Anastasia Beverly Hills. Now I don’t have everything they have ever released, but I do have almost every eyeshadow palette since Modern Renaissance. Within the last two months they have released a lot of eyeshadow palette, almost to the rate of ColourPop releases (which I have cut myself off from) and honestly after this set from ABH I’m cutting myself off as well from their palettes so I can actually enjoy the ones that I’ve purchased. There are two others I’m going to get (Jeffree Star x Shane Dawson) and Tati’s palette if it is cruelty free then no eyeshadow palette purchases for the next six months.
So, as the title and intro suggests, I’m going to be going over the three palettes that were released “together” for the Norvina Collection. Each of these contain 25 shades with letters and numbers responding to the row/column rather than actual shade names. It includes a giant mirror and the lid stays up in any position you leave it in making it great for going artist looks. This palette is considered a pressed pigment palette as some of the shades are not eye safe since they include dyes that stain the skin. Each costs $60, which is not cheap and the palettes do have some overlap when it comes to the shades that are included. Or have very similar tones even within the same palette.
I was hesitant about getting these then I was stressed out after a long few days at work with very little sleep. And then one thing led to another where I ended up purchasing all three. Even though I told myself I wasn’t going to before that since I have other colorful eyeshadow palettes including the Jeffree Star Jawbreaker palette, the NYX Swear By It and Modern Dreamer palettes, and the Morphe x James Charles Artistry palette that my sister repurchased for me.
This palette is your purple palette or as Norvina calls it her every day eyeshadow palette. Though there are a good amount of neutrals in this palette as well as other pops to create a variety of looks. Shades included in Volume 1:
- A1 (metallic lilac with a cool pink reflect)
- A2* (matte mid-tone vivid violet)
- A3* (matte rich plum)
- A4 (metallic golden copper)
- A5* (matte vibrant warm candy pink)
- B1* (matte vivid lilac)
- B2 (metallic rosy bronze with gold sparkles)
- B3* (metallic platinum rose with gold sparkles)
- B4* (matte deep cool violet)
- B5* (matte deep cool plum)
- C1 (matte bright white)
- C2 (metallic yellow gold)
- C3 (metallic deep rose gold with gold sparkles)
- C4* (matte mauve plum)
- C5* (matte burnt sienna brown)
- D1 (matte primary yellow)
- D2* (shimmering blue purple)
- D3* (matte primary red)
- D4* (sparkling matte primary blue with blue sparkles)
- D5* (matte black)
- E1* (shimmering peach gold)
- E2* (matte pastel orange)
- E3 (matte ochre yellow)
- E4* (matte neon orange)
- E5* (matte oxblood)
*Shades A2, A3, A5, B1, B3, B4, B5, C4, C5, D2, D3, D4, D5, E1, E2, E4, and E5 are not intended for use around the immediate eye area.
This is the aqua theme color story palette in the Norvina collection. Shades included in Volume 2:
- A1* (shimmer hot pink)
- A2 (matte lime yellow)
- A3 (shimmer lime)
- A4* (shimmer periwinkle)
- A5 (shimmer teal)
- B1 (matte green with large sparkle that doesn¿t alter the formula)
- B2* (matte deep periwinkle blue)
- B3 (matte jade green)
- B4* (matte ultramarine blue)
- B5 (matte azure blue)
- C1 (multi-shade reflective shimmer champagne)
- C2 (matte sky blue with sparkle)
- C3* (matte cobalt blue)
- C4 (matte prussian blue)
- C5* (matte oxblood)
- D1 (multi-reflective green silver)
- D2* (matte bold orange)
- D3* (matte hot pink)
- D4 (matte yellow with large sparkle)
- D5* (matte navy blue)
- E1 (matte emerald green with large sparkle)
- E2 (shimmering amethyst)
- E3 (matte teal green)
- E4* (matte red brown)
- E5* (matte black)
*A1, A4, B2, B4, C3, C5, D2, D3, D5, E4 and E5 are not intended for use around the immediate eye area.
This palette was a Sephora exclusive and is your autumn-themed color story or the shades that I gravitate towards any time of the year. Shades included in Volume 3:
- A1 (matte chartreuse yellow)
- A2* (matte vibrant orange)
- A3* (matte harvest pumpkin)
- A4 (fresh green with a silver sparkle)
- A5* (matte intense red-orange)
- B1 (metallic aqua)
- B2 (matte jade with a gold sparkle)
- B3* (matte hot flamingo pink)
- B4* (matte royal fuchsia)
- B5* (matte light apricot)
- C1 (metallic sparkling white wine)
- C2* (matte candy apple)
- C3* (matte baked cinnamon)
- C4* (matte mulberry)
- C5 (titanium teal with a gold sparkle)
- D1* (matte warm cider)
- D2* (pale peach with a gold sparkle)
- D3 (matte true lime green)
- D4* (metallic orange with a gold sparkle)
- D5* (peach nectar with a gold sparkle)
- E1* (matte shamrock green)
- E2* (matte merlot)
- E3* (matte vibrant coral)
- E4 (matte dandelion yellow)
- E5* (metallic magenta with a pink iridescent shift)
*A2, A3, A5, B3, B4, B5, C2, C3, C4, D1, D2, D4, D5, E1, E2, E3, and E5 are not intended for use around the immediate eye area.
This is one of my favorite looks that I’ve created using this palette that I shared the other day on my blog, check out that post for the full details as this was a recreation of a look done on James Charles by Vanessa Davis.
Overall, I do like the palettes but I do wish they would show down on the releases. The moment one comes out, it’s already replaced by another not allowing the previous one to have it’s moment. Well I get the market seems to be loving the “fast makeup” trend (thanks ColourPop) it’s getting to a point where I’m tapping out. I can’t keep up and my wallet is screaming and begging for me to stop. As I mentioned, I’m going to get two more palettes depending on if Tati Beauty is cruelty free or not (as of writing this post it has not been confirmed) and then I’m not going to be getting any new palettes until May 2020… if even then as I seriously need to get some serious use out of the ones that I already have.
Anastasia Beverly Hills does have good formula, but at the end of the day it’s a rainbow palette. One that I have similar color stories elsewhere in my collection or can mix-and-match to get a similar effect.
Shop the Post
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NORVINA COLLECTION FROM ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!