This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, meaning I do receive a small compensation based off them. Which helps support the blog and continue bringing the you new content. I appreciate your support and if I have a code that helps save you money as well, those will be mentioned whenever applicable.
Turmoil is a simulation that was released in June 2016 by Gamious and is available on iOS and Steam. You can play in one of two modes: normal and expert. Each mode you have a choice of four different characters, with the ones in expert having a special skill that can come in use during gameplay. Each of you are trying to become the grand oil tycoon as well as mayor of the town by getting the most amount of stocks. So here are a few tips and tricks to become the next grand oil tycoon through oil extraction to sales expert.
- Pipes only need to go though the top of the oil patch, not all the way to the bottom.
- Always go to Daphne’s saloon. You can make brides that can fix the price of oil to having fines looked the other way.
- Oil is pumped as fast as the narrowest pipe in the chain can handle, so make sure to upgrade all pipes in the chain.
- If you don’t see oil in uncovered ground below a waving dowser, wait a while for the ground level to rise higher. It may take a while.
- You can earn a $1000 bonus for pumping out all of the oil, selling all the oil, depleting all gas pockets, and withdrawing your land lease early.
- If a dowser with all the depth upgrades walks off the screen, it means there is no more oil pockets in the ground. If they are not fully upgraded, it may just means there is no more oil within their range.
- Drilling around rocks can be cheaper than spending money to drill through the rock. But longer pipelines are more expensive to upgrade.
- Connecting pipes from an upgraded rig to pipes from a non-upgraded rig will copy all the upgrades to the new network. This can be cheaper that paying for the upgrades separately.
- Right-click can cancel a scan in progress or any undeployed object.
- Using gas to boost the oil price is most effective when you connect multiple gas pockets at the same time to Left or Right Inc. Using just one gas pocket at a time gives you only a short boost to the price. When buying the Left or Right Inc. gas upgrade it is useful to get the valve upgrade as well.
- Try to build efficiently, leaving no empty space between silos, rigs and the factories. The less space you waste, the more will be left for oil storage in silos.
- Gas pockets will not grow if you encircle more than one gas pocket with a single loop.
- The ultimate way to profit from gas boosting is to store up as much oil as possible, empty multiple gas pockets at the same time, and make use of the existing pipe network as much as possible.
- At the end of the campaign, the player with the smallest share in town has to leave. Their stock are them auctioned off among the remaining players. This is repeated until someone has a 50% share or more.
- When using the Thermal upgrade the size of your loop is important. Give the gas pocket enough room for growth but if the loop is too large the gas pocket will grow more slowly.
- Save some money when you are close to the end of the 4th map. There will be an auction of shares and you will need to have more money than your competitors.
Know any other helpful tips for Turmoil, please feel free to post them in the comments.