This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
I’ve been mainly posting about this over on my Instagram and heavily on my Twitter account, but don’t know how I completely neglected to put this on my blog as well. Instagram is full of incredible resources of what we can do to show our support online and offline, especially under the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter. I truly hope this post is useful to continue to make sure we’re taking action now and forever.
Below are links to the Black Lives Matter Carrd site to particular sections where you can sign petitions, donate to the cause, and call/text your representatives to make a change. This regularly updated as things change, as some organizations have asked to stop sending in donations as they have more than enough. So, I would if you’re looking for ways to help, there are a lot of resources there.
Another way of supporting the movement is by supporting creators from authors to directors to Instagram TV. Often times these are overlooked because of the color of their skin in favor of someone white. Here are just some, but there are plenty more. If you know of some, put them in the comments so we can all go check them out!
Books to Read:
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F Saad
- Don’t Touch My Hair by Emma Dabiri
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- Brit-ish: On Race, Identity and Belonging by Afua Hirsch
- How To Be An Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
Articles & Twitter Posts
Things to Watch:
- Get Out
- When They See Us
- Explained: The Racial Wealth Gap
- The Hate U Give
- Malcom X
- Racism & Supporting the Black Community by Charlotte Williams
- Tell Your Friends To Pull Up by Ty Alexander
- White Women Who Truly Want to Help by Ivirlei Brookes
- Black Parents Explain How To Deal With The Police
- You Can’t Enjoy The Rhythm & Ignore the Blues from BBC Radio by Clara Amfo
- John Boyega speaking at the Black Lives Matters UK Protect
Black Content Creators to Check Out and Follow
Again, these are just a few, there are countless others. Share some of your favorite black creators of any type in the comments.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!