This post may contain affiliate or referral codes. Please help support the blog by using them!
As much as I like to say I mix things up, I am extremely a creature of habit. And this is extremely true when it comes to brushes. I tend to use the same ones over and over again to the point I have multiple of the same brushes. So that way if the day before I did an insanely bright colorful look, I don’t have to worry about my brushes being dirty. Granted I’ve started to use this Color Cleaner that I got off Amazon that lets you quickly change colors, so that makes using the same brushes over and over again.
While I do have a “nice” sized face brush collection I only ever reach for five brushes. I do occasionally reach for others but typically it’s just these ones:
- Luxie 514 Blush: I use this one for blush.
- Luxie 522 Tapered Highlighter: As the name suggests I use this one for highlighter.
- Luxie 504 Large Angled: I use this brush for contour and bronzer.
- Morphe M532: This one is another highlighter brush that I use for more precision application.
- Black Moon Cosmetics Highlighter: This is a brush I got when I purchased three of their Moonlighters, I don’t see this on their website anymore but I don’t actually use this for highlighter. Instead I use this for setting my face and brush off baking powder.
Unlike my face brushes I have way more variety, and also I have a bunch of duplicates so searching my brush drawer for these can be quite difficult. But these are the ones I reach for all of the time, some of these I don’t know the name of as they only have the brush name on them:
- Morphe fluffy brush: I use this to apply an overall base color and blend out the edges in my eyeshadow look.
- Morphe M518: I use this to apply an overall base color and blend out the edges in my eyeshadow look.
- e.l.f. blending eye brush: Typically a brush I use to shadow in my crease.
- e.l.f. smudging brush: Used to apply eyeshadow in my lower lash line.
- e.l.f. crease brush: I do not use this for my crease but instead for blending out and applying a dark color to the outer corner of my eye.
- e.l.f. concealer brush: I use this brush for my inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight.
- e.l.f. eyeshadow ‘C’ brush: This is for my lid shade.
- Luxie 207 medium angled shading: Another brush I use for my crease.
- Morphe pointed smudging brush: This is another brush I use for my lower lash line or for small details.
What brushes do you use on a regular basis?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!