Halfway through November, I was particularly forced to move out of my townhouse by my roommate. We couldn’t be in the same room without getting into an argument. And there’s was no trust or respect between us anymore. I strongly believe she stole my wallet and she believed I was making all her life choices for her though I wasn’t. Or that I was trying to screw her over, again I wasn’t. The things I did only affected me and literally had little to no impact on her but whatever it’s over. Rather than living in a toxic environment, I moved back home. I still pay rent for the townhouse… but I don’t live there. And for the few month, I was extremely down about moving back home. I felt like my independence was ripped away from me and heartbroken that I lost my best friend who I did everything with. But at the start of the New Year, I decided to look on the positive so these are all the reasons why moving home isn’t always terrible.
- Your family can cheer you up and encourage you to get back on your feet. My mom is forcing me once I get bills squared away to do two things out of the house every week/month so I can’t “sit around and gloom on all the negative.” I’m thinking kickboxing and painting.
- You can save a buck. My mom isn’t charging me rent until lease is up at other place and afterwards going to give me a really low rent so I can pay off debt before moving the next time.
- You don’t have to worry if you work insanely long hours, someone else will be around to help make sure your dog is taken care of. My sister and my mom work very different schedules then I do. My sister does retail while my mom is a sales rep. Though at the moments she’s it of town two to three nights a week.
- At least at my place… my dog is always entertained as there is another dog around. Will get second once I move since Pixie really needs a sibling.
- You’re really encouraged not to get stuff you don’t need. I especially am ’cause my room is literally just a bed and an entertainment unit my mom didn’t have anywhere else to put. I’m not joking there is not even a foot around my bed to walk around. It’s super tiny. Want something new and exciting? Get ready to sleep with it ’cause there’s no where else for it to go.
- Appreciate the things you do have a lot more. This goes with the no space in my room. I’m just grateful I have a room and a bed that’s not on the floor anymore. I almost cried when my mom said she was getting me a real bed frame to put my mattress on. When I move out, I’m probably going to get rid of 55-70% of the things I have in the storage unit.
Those are the main things I can think of at the moment. I’m sure there are others but I’m still working on switching my mindset on the entire event since it seems like literally every day I have something new going wrong in my life. What are some benefits you guys can see to moving back home?
Join the Howl of the Dragonites and join our Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! Also, if you like this post, let us know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!