There aren’t many authors who I would read everything they publish. Either because I’m not interested in all of their concepts or because I’m only interested in specific universes. Or they have way too many series, so I pick and choose which one I’m going to read. And then, there are other authors who I have read everything they have released, but because they just have one series or world that they have been writing in. So, I can’t say if I would be interested in their other works outside of that realm. But they’ve published enough where I would be confident in anything else they publish.
So, what authors do I reach for every time they have a new release? Note: these are not in any particular order.
- Ruby Dixon: I have read literally everything from Ruby Dixon even the novellas… there’s a lot but I did it. I can’t say they are the best books I’ve ever read but they are addictive.
- Carissa Broadbent: I seriously have enjoyed everything from this author and can’t wait to see what else they come out with. They have released series that have quickly become some of my favorites.
- Tessonja Odette: I have read everything this author has published and I am so grateful to be included in their ARC team. I would read their books regardless but getting to read them early has been amazing. I love every book that has been released so far and I’m excited for what’s to come.
- Eva Ashwood: I think I’ve read almost every book they’ve released. Or at least all of the mafia/gang romances and not a single one has disappointed me.
- LJ Andrews: Another author where all the books take place in the same universe, but each section have their own magic system and world building, so they feel unique in that way. And I can’t wait to see what this author releases next.
- Elise Kova: While I have only read the Married to Magic series, each book is standalone so they don’t feel like you’re reading the same thing. I do need to read their other series, but I have a feeling I’m going to enjoy them once I get to them.
- Sarah J. Maas: While yes the entire universe between their three series are connected, they each have a unique feel. And each of these series I would consider some of my favorites as I have read them countless times.
- Stephanie Garber: Technically, the two series take place in the same world but I love her writing style. It might be more whimsical then other authors, I think it works well for her worlds.
- Holly Black: I’ve read most of the books by Holly Black, though there are some I have not gotten to yet. But nothing I’ve read from her has ever disappointed me.
- Elle Kennedy: I particularly enjoy Kennedy’s hockey romances but I have read a few of her other works and they were great. So while I haven’t read everything from this author, I would check out any of their new releases.
There were a few other authors (i.e. Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout) that I almost included, but there are many books I’ve missed or skipped (on purpose) from them where it didn’t feel right to put them on the list. Or were disappointed by some (i.e. Scarlett St. Clair) of their releases where I can’t say they belong on this list even though I read most of their works. And there are others authors (i.e. Vanessa Rasanen, Val E. Lane, Tracy Deonn, and Dakota Wilde) I have really enjoyed the books of, but they either only have one series out where I can’t say if I would be comfortable putting them on this list as them being an auto-buy author. Hopefully, in the future I can include them on this list but for now these are the authors that I have read everything they’ve released, or just about everything.
Now, this isn’t to say that all these books I rated 4 or 5 stars, but they are ones I know where I’m going to enjoy reading it. Either by having a good time or knowing I’m going on a rollercoaster of emotions. Either way the authors I did include on the list are ones that never disappoint me.
What authors never disappoint for you?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!