This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
Next up in my “Can We Dupe It?” Series I’m going to do one of my favorite everyday palettes, which is the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette. It has quite an interesting color story especially with the metallic shades so I was a little excited about that since if a shade matches exactly, I’m decluttering the individual shadow I’m comparing the palette to.
Top swatches are from the Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette and on the bottom are the swatches of the shades I’m comparing them to:
- Hazelnut > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Sea Stars
- Caramel > NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Blame It On Midnight
- Vanilla Creme > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Vixen
- Mocha > NYX Hot Single Shadow in Sin
- Pumpkin Spice > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Koi
- Espresso > NYX Primastic Shadow in Bedroom Eyes
- Macchiato > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Comeback Kid
- Creme Brulee > NYX Primastic Shadow in Rose Dust
- Cold Brew > NYX Primastic Shadow in Savage
- Double Shot > ColourPop Individual Pressed Shadow in Sleeper
So after taking photos, Vixen died after I dropped all of the individual shadows on the ground. All of the other shades survived but Vixen did not. Since it’s similar enough to Vanilla Creme this shadow was declutter/not restored. Other shades that are being decluttered due to the similarity will be NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Blame It On Midnight and Hot Single Shadow in Sin. The rest I will be keeping as they weren’t close enough but might go as I continue this series.
Lastly, I just wanted to go over some things I found interesting about this comparison. The shade Cold Brew I didn’t have a matte shadow that came anywhere close to that shadow, so I had ended up comparing it to a metallic/duo-chrome that looked similar. As for the actual metallics, I don’t have any that are similar to the ones from Latte Palette as mine are more warm toned.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THESE COMPARISONS OR WHAT PALETTE WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DO NEXT IN THIS SERIES?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!