This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content. I appreciate your support.
In a recent post, I mentioned how I did a massive book haul. That’s a bit of an understatement. So, I decided to pull every book off my shelf that I want to read. And honestly, I have no idea where I even want to start with tackling this pile. Granted, I already started it last month and have posted reviews on every book that I read. This is not even everything if I’m being 100% honest. There are some books I got last year that should be in here as well, but considering how many books this already is I didn’t go back to grab those. Maybe I’ll end up reading those before some of these, but I thought this would be a fun post to do while I debate on what to read next. Hell, you guys might help me pick which one to start with.
Here are the books that are sitting in my physical TBR:
- The Eldest Curses (The Red Scrolls of Magic and The Lost Book of the White) by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu – I have been putting off the latest series as I’m waiting for it to be complete, but in the meantime, I got The Eldest Curses since it focuses on Magnus Bane and let’s be honest the entire Shadowhunters universe would be nowhere without him.
- King of Scars and Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo – I held off on this duology purely as I was waiting for the full series to be released so King of Scars has been on my shelves for a while, but Rule of Wolves just arrived.
- The Nevernight Chronicle (Nevernight, Godsgrave, and Darkdawn) by Jay Kristoff
- Children of Blood and Bone and Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Den of Vipers by K. A. Knight
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco – I am debating on pushing this one off until the next novel is released in the series because I’m at that point where I don’t want to start the series and then have to wait for the next book to come out then forget what happens in between. So, I’m buying the books and letting them pile up until the series has concluded. This might not be a great idea, but it’s my current mindset.
- Iron Heart by Nina Varela – I read the first book, but wasn’t overly thrilled with it. It was good but left room for improvement in my eyes. I’m hoping the second book fixes that.
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- The Cursebreaker Series (A Curse so Dark and Lonely, A Heart so Fierce and Broken, and A Vow so Bold and Deadly) by Brigid Kemmerer – A contemporary fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller
- Sky and Sea Series (Sky in the Deep and The Girl the Sea Gave Back) by Adrienne Young – Described as Wonder Woman meets Vikings, sounded interesting.
- Fable Duology (Fable and Namesake) by Adrienne Young
As I mentioned there are other books too. And my goal is not to buy anymore until I made serious progress on this current list. I do have some books in preorder for series I have already started where I’m waiting on the next book. Most of those aren’t for later this year. So, the goal is to get through these before then. If I have a month like April, I’m looking at my current Spring and Early Summer reading list right here. I know the third book of the Persephone POV by Scarlett St. Clair releases this month on the 25th, so that’s in here as well as I do have that pre-ordered.
Please don’t spoil any of these books for me, I’ve been trying insanely hard not to see any spoilers for these books. Which is especially hard on TikTok. Like for Den of Vipers, I know there’s something with a bottle regarding that one but I have been swiping away quickly so I don’t know exactly what that’s in reference to. Anyways, without telling me spoilers which book do you think I should start with? Or should I just close my eyes after spreading the books out and grab a random one then start there?
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Or join our Discord server. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!