This post may contain affiliate or referral codes, for which I receive a small compensation and you get a discount in exchange. These help support the blog, so I can keep creating content.
Note: This is a repost of a post that was created back in 2016, but I wanted to give it a little refresher since it’s been over two years since then and a lot has changed.
I’ve been more or less daily blogging for the last few years. During that time frame, I have learned a lot and there are some definite pros and cons that come with blogging daily. Now I don’t sit down and write every single day, or even write posts that go live on that day. I schedule out a large majority of my blog posts to go live every single day and sometimes even two posts a day.
- You learn discipline. You become really discipline at writing and making sure there is a post every day. And of course helps you learn how to manage your time effectively.
- You’ll find inspiration everywhere you go. You learn to find inspiration everywhere because you know you have to get past the emptiness and create something for everyone to read. From magazines to television shows or award/fashion shows that you can find.
- It’s instantly rewarding. It’s rewarding to spend time posting every single day and challenging yourself to make every post better than the last.
- Discovering your passions. You very easily can figure out what type of content you are truly passionate about. That’s how I discovered my love for makeup and started to become a collector. Though recently I’ve been cutting down my makeup collection but I know it will probably go back up once I move to an apartment of my own.
- Loss of ideas. I’ve ran in this a few times when I’m planning out my editorial calendar, I’m done so many blog posts in the past year that sometimes I get stumped on trying to figure out what I’m going to write next.
- It’s very stressful and a lot of work. I’ve found that daily blogging causes stress when I get tied up a lot with work. Then I’m just beyond stressed out looking at my editorial calendar as I’m falling behind from having little to no time in getting caught up.
- Running into topics already covered. Sometimes I find it hard to remember if I’ve already written something on a specific topic or get inspired to write a topic only to learn I’ve already covered it. Hence me starting to revisit old posts and update them.
- Can put off readers. Some readers don’t love daily posts as they find it to be too much. I like to cover a lot of different topics so if someone is only interested in a specific topic like video games or home design I do those only once a week so it isn’t too much if they just tune in on those days.
What do you think about posting daily? Do you find it helpful or find it better to spread posts out? Let me know what you think.
Join the Howl of the Pack today by subscribing! Or support this blog over on Patreon so I can continue to put out quality content for you! To stay updated on everything I’m doing, follow me on Twitter as that’s where I post quick updates. Also, if you like this post, let me know in the comment section, it really helps me figure out what content you guys appreciate. Don’t be shy I would love to hear from you!